Around February 23, 2015, ISIS attacked 35 Assyrian villages in Syria displacing an estimated 1,380 families and kidnapping more than 233 Christians, who remain unknown. Of the 233 Christians taken, 207 are women and children. ISIS had threatened weeks before the attack for the Assyrian Christians to remove crosses from their churches and pay a Christian tax or they would be forced from their homes and killed. As of now, each captive has a $100,000 ransom, including the women and children, and if demands aren’t met, they will be beheaded.
- Pray for the secure and safe release of the Assyrian Christians and all captive by ISIS
- Pray that ISIS members will come to know Christ as savior and ask for salvation
Pray that Kurdish held area will continue to be a safe haven for professing and real believers!
A year after the city of Mosul fell to ISIS militants, Christians from the area are still trying to make sense of it all. Overnight, more than 500,000 fled the city and, since then, continued conflict throughout Iraq has pushed the total number of displaced Iraqi’s to over 3 million. Iraq’s Christian and other religious minorities have been explicitly targeted by ISIS as they have set about to establish a restored caliphate in the new “Islamic State.”
- Pray that God would give wisdom to the Kurdistan Regional Government to manage the crisis and defend the region
- Pray that God would save misled young people by ISIS and judge the leaders who are misleading youth with their evil ideologies
- Pray that God would send workers for His Kingdom and provide aid for the thousands of displaced