Day 28 (Mon August 5th)
Live in the Sahel-just south of the Sahara. Temp up to 45C
Cultivate and keep livestock.
Live in extended families in mud or brick houses.
Many emigrate to places like Paris or New York to earn a living and send it home.
Almost 100% Muslim, proud of it and societal influence and shame play a major role in their culture.
Approx 100 believers among 2,000,000people. (0.005%)
These believers all suffer persecution and isolation.
Bible translation in progress (Internet vital).
Scripture audio files can be uploaded to mobiles.
- Pray for the publication of an accurate translation of the Scriptures.
- For the Soninke to be made thirsty for the word.
- For available resources to be placed in the right hands.
- For establishment of Soninke fellowships.
- Further info click Soninke (Joshua project)